We are so excited to be open and seeing patients! Our office cleanliness and sanitation have always exceeded the required standards to prevent the spread of any illness. That being said, we have implemented even stronger protocols during the COVID-19 Pandemic for the safety of our patients and staff.
Our safety plan began with an updated training and review of existing universal precautions and protocols, disease transmission, hand-washing techniques, appropriate use of new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and disinfection protocols. We are also monitoring the health of our staff and their loved ones continuously. Every staff member has their temperature measured and recorded at the start of the day with ongoing health screening for signs of any illness, ensuring all of our team members are healthy and safe to treat patients.
The following list includes the steps we have implemented as part of our COVID-19 Protocol.
- Parking lot waiting room. Patients are to call the office once they arrive to their appointment or there will be a parking lot attendant to notify the office of their arrival. Once a patient’s provider is ready to receive his/her patient, the patient will be notified to enter the building.
- To maintain social distancing and infection control, we have reduced the number of patients in the office each day, and have extended standard appointment times to allow for more extensive disinfecting and patient health screening.
- Cavicide spray and wipes are used after every patient appointment to thoroughly disinfect each patient room. Cavicide specifically kills COVID-19.
- We will take your temperature upon your arrival for your appointment, and ask that you sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer provided in the lobby.
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone. If you require an escort, we ask that they remain in the vehicle to reduce the number of people in the office. If you require an escort while in the office please let us know, and accommodations can be made.
- Maintain six feet between yourself and other patients
- Patients are required to wear a mask in the office common areas.
- Our clinical team will wear required PPE, and front office will wear masks.
- Our staff will disinfect common areas of the office between each patient.
- We ask that you call to reschedule your appointment if you feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms. Also, if you have recently traveled, we ask that you wait at least 14 days before coming into the office for an appointment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unusual time and we look forward to seeing you soon!
-Your Garden Springs Dental Team