Modern Dentures in Lexington, KY
Tooth loss can be a devastating experience that leaves you feeling disappointed or discouraged about your smile and your oral health. Simple actions like speaking clearly may be difficult, and missing teeth can hurt when you chew, so your nutrition may even suffer.
Full and partial dentures at Garden Springs Dental are one option we offer to replace missing teeth for our Lexington, KY patients. They’ve been around for centuries and have steadily improved in appearance and comfort. Modern dentures are a far cry from fake-looking dentures you may remember.
Please Call Our Office for More Information
You have a lot to think about when you’re considering full or partial dentures for the first time. Rest assured that our Dr. Chris Davis and Dr. Gregory Edens have the experience needed to guide you through the process from planning to the placement of your new dentures
If you’re thinking about getting dentures but aren’t sure what to expect or how to proceed, please call our Lexington, KY dental office to book an appointment.
- We'll Customize Your Perfect Smile with Dentures
- Different Types of Dentures We Offer
- How Partial Dentures and Dental Bridges Are Different
- Are You a Candidate for Partial Dentures?
- We Can Combine Dentures with Dental Implants for Stability
- The Cost of Full and Partial Dentures
- We Make the Dentures Process Simple and Stress-Free
We'll Customize Your Perfect Smile with Dentures
Many people are under the impression that all dentures look fake and obvious. But Dr. Christopher Davis and Dr. Gregory Edens, Jr., will work with you to provide fully customized dentures that we design with your unique smile in mind.
It’s true that materials available in the past didn’t allow for much originality or creativity in making dentures. But with advanced materials available today, our dentists work with custom dental labs and skilled technicians. They fabricate customized dentures for our Lexington, KY patients that are beautiful, durable, and, most importantly, comfortable.
Working together, we will carefully plan your new dentures to complement your skin color, the shape of your face, and even the color of your eyes. We want you to be an active part of the planning process because our goal is your complete satisfaction. Our job isn’t finished until we are sure we have met and exceeded your expectations!
Different Types of Dentures We Offer
We offer several types of dentures at our Lexington, KY dental office that we customize for your needs:
- Full dentures (complete dentures) – Our dentists recommend full dentures for patients who are missing all their teeth in an upper arch, lower arch, or both.
- Partial dentures – Many patients have one or more missing teeth in different parts of the mouth. In this case, we would recommend removable partial dentures that we customize to fit in with remaining teeth to form a complete smile.
- Immediate dentures – These are either full or partial dentures that we place immediately after tooth extraction, so you don’t have to go without teeth.
- Implant dentures – We design full or partial dentures that attach to dental implants in your jaw. Implant dentures stay securely in place and won't irritate your mouth.
How Partial Dentures and Dental Bridges Are Different
Dental bridges and partial dentures are similar in that they fill the space left by a missing tooth. They both improve your ability to speak and chew and prevent neighboring teeth from drifting into the open space. But they accomplish the job in different ways, and there are pros and cons to each.
We design a partial denture as a removable prosthetic to replace multiple missing teeth. A partial denture is constructed using natural-looking artificial teeth attached to a molded acrylic base that matches your gum color. Partial dentures are attached to remaining teeth with metal or acrylic clasps.
You may also hear dental bridges referred to as fixed partials. This dental prosthetic "bridges" the gap with an artificial tooth that’s attached to anchor teeth on either side of the open space. Bridges are fixed, which means only a dentist can remove them.
Partial dentures tend to be less expensive and easier to adjust and repair. However, unlike bridges that are secured to anchor teeth, it's easier for partials to break or get lost.
However, because the bridge relies on strong, healthy adjacent teeth for support, you need to brush, floss, and have routine dental exams and cleanings to protect them.
If you’re considering partial dentures or dental bridges in Lexington, KY, please call Garden Springs Dental, and we will be happy to answer all your questions.
Are You a Candidate for Partial Dentures?
We would recommend partial dentures in Lexington, KY for you if:
- Most of your teeth are healthy, but you’re missing a few teeth here that leave gaps in your smile. Partial dentures are an excellent solution in this case because we customize them to fit in and around remaining teeth like a puzzle.
- You want to replace some teeth with dental implants, but would like to get dental implants, but you don’t have the budget for them right now.
- You like the idea of getting dental implants, but you can’t manage the cost in your budget right now. If implants aren’t a possibility for you, our doctors create partial dentures in Lexington, KY that fit comfortably and look as close to natural teeth as possible.
- You’re tired of covering your mouth when you smile or forgoing the foods you love, and you want your smile back. Living like this can take a toll on your life, but partial dentures will restore function and allow you to smile confidently again.
Please call Garden Springs Dental to arrange an appointment with one of our doctors to discuss your needs and how we can help.
We Can Combine Dentures with Dental Implants for Stability
Two of the most common complaints among denture wearers are comfort and stability. At Garden Springs Dental, we customize every set of dentures we make so that they fit the contours of your jaw perfectly. Made of comfortable acrylic, modern dentures are also lighter than in the past, so they cause less irritation.
But many of our Lexington, KY patients would prefer a more secure solution than removable full or partial dentures. In this case, Dr. Davis and Dr. Edens would recommend holding them in place with dental implants.
One of the top specialists in our area will place several implant posts along your jaw. Our dentists will design your new dentures with attachments that snap onto the implants in your jaw. The result is stable dentures that stay securely in place.
The Cost of Full and Partial Dentures
The cost of full and partial dentures in Lexington, KY depends on several factors. But in large part, it’s the materials that drive the cost of dentures up or down.
- Dentures made with plastic prosthetic teeth are the most cost-effective, and a full set of uppers and lowers usually cost about $1,000. At first glance, this seems like an affordable solution. However, the material used is low quality, so the dentures don’t always look natural and may not last as long.
- Mid-priced dentures of higher quality material are around $3,000 for a full set of uppers and lowers. These dentures tend to look more natural and last longer than the lower-priced option.
- Dentures made using premium materials are customized to enhance your appearance and cost about $8,000 for a complete set. These are the most natural-looking because the artificial teeth are made of a material that closely mimics the appearance of natural teeth. Our dentists have complete control over the shape, shade, size, and positioning of each tooth, and the result is a set of dentures that look as close to real teeth as possible.
There’s no doubt that premium dentures are an investment. However, if you’ve worn dentures that look fake or don’t fit well, you know that the difference in comfort and appearance is well worth the price.
We can give you a better estimate of the cost of dentures in Lexington, KY when we meet with you. Please call Garden Springs Dental to arrange an appointment to get started.
We Make the Dentures Process Simple and Stress-Free
Getting dentures for the first time can seem a bit overwhelming. But at Garden Springs Dental, you don’t have to worry, because we’re here to answer your questions and guide you through each step of the process.
We encourage you to be involved in the dentures process right from the start. It’s your smile, and you’ll live with your dentures for many years, so we want you to be excited about the process. Our dentists will answer your questions and work with you to fabricate beautiful, natural-looking dentures that exceed your expectations.
Don’t be discouraged if you’re dealing with tooth loss. Modern dentistry offers more solutions than ever to replace missing teeth in Lexington, KY. We’ll be happy to discuss the pros and cons of each and help you decide which best fits your needs. With comfortable, customized dentures, you will be able to enjoy all your favorite foods, speak naturally, and smile with confidence.